Business debt recovery solicitors to support your cash flow
BHW’s fast and efficient solicitors will help your business to collect its unpaid commercial invoice debts
Our debt recovery team will advise your business and work with you to tailor an approach that works for you. We can help with individual business debt recovery or bulk business debt collection, handling undisputed invoiced commercial debts in a compliant and cost-effective manner.
The costs below are meant as a guide only, our legal team will always outline estimated costs tailored to the circumstances of your claim at an initial meeting or call.
The costs below apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-off letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
|Debt Value||Court Fee||Our fee (incl. VAT)|
|Up to £10,000||Dependent upon amount claimed||£500 – £2000|
|£10,001 – £100,000||5% of amount claimed||£2,000 – £5,000|
VAT is charged at 20%.
See here for further information on court fees.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- the VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor;
- interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost;
- the costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as the bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
Our fee includes:
- taking your instructions and reviewing documentation;
- undertaking appropriate searches;
- sending a letter before action;
- receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim;
- where no Acknowledgement of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgment in Default;
- when Judgment in Default is received, write to the other side to request payment;
- if payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs;
Where additional or ad-hoc work is required, it will be charged at an hourly rate. Our hourly rates range from £100 – £300 plus VAT.
Matters usually take 10 – 14 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgment in Default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.