BHW Solicitors strive to make our services accessible to all of our clients.
We want everyone who interacts with BHW Solicitors, either in person or online, to feel welcome.
What are we doing?
Our premises are disability-friendly and our website has been designed to be easily navigable for all visitors. To help us make the BHW Solicitors website a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone.
Each of our office premises has:
- Disabled car parking
- Wheelchair access
- Accessible toilets
- Ground floor meeting rooms
Our aim is to ensure that our services and the information that we provide is not only accessible but is also communicated in a manner that is appropriate for each client. We will therefore provide:
- Information in alternative formats if requested, such as large print, braille or audio tape
- Access to sign language interpreters
- Access to translation services
- Audio and video conferencing (on request)
We are committed to ensuring that our website meets high standards of accessibility and usability.
- Text Resizing
- Web Accessibility Initiative
- W3C Standards
- Menu Navigation (Access Keys)
- Reporting problems
For PC computers:
- Press the Control and + keys simultaneously to increase text size
- Press the Control and – keys simultaneously to decrease text size
- Press the Control and 0 keys simultaneously to return to the default text size
For Mac computers:
- Press the Command and + keys simultaneously to increase text size
- Press the Command and – keys simultaneously to decrease text size
- Press the Command and 0 keys simultaneously to return to the default text size
Changing screen contrast
For PC computers:
- Press ALT + Shift + Print Screen simultaneously to change to a high contrast background
- The same procedure can be used to revert to original settings
For Macintosh computers:
- Press Command + Option + Control + . (full stop) to increase screen contrast
- Press Command + Option + Control + , (comma) to decrease screen contrast
Web Accessibility Initiative
This website has been built in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) established by the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C). Although the guidelines aim to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities there are wider benefits to adopting the guidelines as they make sites more user-friendly for all.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for XHTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant XHTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
All pages use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS2) for presentation, validated using the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) validation service.
All pages are checked in accordance with Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) guidelines and adhere/comply with these guidelines as far as possible.
Menu Navigation (Access Keys)
You can navigate through the menu using the TAB key.
If you are experiencing difficulties in using this website, please contact us via email email@example.com