BHW’s Agriculture team is ranked in the Legal 500 guide for Agriculture & Estates work in the East Midlands.
Our specialist Agriculture solicitors advise farmers, landowners, farming businesses and farm-related organisations on all types of legal issues, including:
- The acquisition and disposal of agricultural and rural properties including farms, agricultural land, woodland, country houses and equestrian properties;
- Agricultural tenancies/farm business tenancies;
- Secured lending in relation to an agricultural property;
- Option and promotion agreements relating to residential and industrial development;
- Utility way leaves; and
- Farm business structures including partnership and shareholder agreements for farming businesses.
Our recent Agriculture work includes:
- Acting for a landowner in the negotiation and completion of two Option Agreements with a well-known regional developer worth over £10 million.
- The sale of development land in Leicestershire for £8.2 million pursuant to a Promotion Agreement.
- An associated acquisition and disposal of farms, where the acquired farm replaced a farm sold for residential development.
- The sale of part of a farm in Derbyshire to a national developer with an option to purchase further land for £8.4 million.
- The negotiation of a Promotion Agreement, again to a substantial developer, where the estimated value of the development land is £9 million.
- The lease of part of a farm, dealing with detailed arrangements for shared facilities and various planning issues.
- The surrender of an Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy in Warwickshire, with a leaseback of residential and agricultural buildings.
- Dealing with environmental and mineral rights issues on the disposal of land used for both quarrying and tipping.
- Acting for a client claiming beneficial entitlement to a farm under the doctrine of promissory estoppel.
- The restructuring of a substantial farming business, in conjunction with the implementation of a corporate group structure and associated corporate and personal tax advice and succession planning.