We are the East Midlands’ leading law firm for pension scheme property and we act for some of the UK’s leading pensions advisers and their clients.
Commercial properties are increasingly being purchased through pension schemes because the tax benefits are potentially significant – but there are risks. Tax advantages can be lost if the strict procedures and guidelines laid down by HMRC are not followed.
There are various financial limits that apply to scheme borrowing and requirements for formal letting arrangements to be in place.
Because we specialise in pension scheme property transactions we can help you ensure that your proposals will work and will be compliant. Our services include:
- Pension scheme purchases and disposals of freehold and leasehold property;
- Market value leases in connected party transactions;
- Third party leases;
- Renewal leases for connected parties and third parties;
- Property re-registrations, following changes to the trustees of a pension scheme; and
- Legal charges and loan backs to secure pension scheme lending.
We also deal with bespoke pension scheme transactions, for example, property purchases by multiple pension schemes, purchases of mixed use properties and purchases which are part individually funded and part pension scheme funded.
If pension scheme lending is not secured on commercial property, BHW can help secure lending over other assets – for example company assets such as equipment and intellectual property.
Please contact Beverley Merrell to discuss our pension related property services
Phone: 0116 281 6221 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org