We act on major acquisitions in shopping centres, high streets and retail parks around the UK as well as routine property transactions for smaller businesses.
BHW’s Commercial Property team is one of only 10 in the whole of the East Midlands recommended by Chambers and Partners for Real Estate work.
The Department is also one of a handful of commercial property practices ranked in the top 200 in the UK by the Legal 500 guide and is described in the 2015 edition as “extremely good.”
The department advises on all aspects of freehold and leasehold property for its business clients. The department has sector specific specialisms including agriculture, retail, retail Concessions and secured lending.
From the outset we outline the steps and costs involved and agree a realistic timetable with you so that many of the frustrations and delays frequently experienced in commercial property transactions are avoided.
Typical transactions include:
- Advising landlords and tenants on leases of business premises;
- Buying and selling commercial properties for business clients and pension schemes;
- Property management work such as licences, assignments and other deeds on behalf of both landlords and tenants;
- Security work-acting on behalf of borrowers and lenders on refinancing;
- Pension scheme re-registrations;
- Corporate support work (advising on the property elements of corporate transactions such as sales of businesses);
- Telecoms leases;
- The acquisition of major retail premises;
- The construction and letting of substantial distribution depots;
- Sale and leaseback of business premises;
- The acquisition of new head office premises for international clients and relocation;
- Taking leases of specialised data centre premises;
- and Buying and selling investment properties
If you would like to know more about our Commercial Property department, and the individuals in the team, please click here.